Who does not like a gooey chocolatey brownie? Add a little zucchini, lower the sugar and you have a somewhat nutritious treat without all the guilt!
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups flour of your choosing (almond, whole wheat, all purpose)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt (I used grey salt)
- 1 1/4 cups vegan chocolate chips/chunks
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup oil (Coconut, extra virgin olive oil)
- Container of organic chocolate frosting (or create your own *please see recipe)
- Lightly greased baking dish.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees, lightly grease a baking dish ( I used 8″ square glass)
- Grate Zucchini using a food processor or grater.
- Add coconut sugar, vanilla, oil and cocoa powder to zucchini mixture and combine until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt together.
- Slowly add dry mixture to the zucchini mixture, mix until well combined but do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chips to mixture and stir just until chocolate chips are combined into the batter.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake at 375 for 26-30 minutes.
- Remove to cool.
- * Optional add frosting to brownies and serve!
Quick Chocolate Frosting Recipe
I did use a pre- packaged container of frosting as it was on sale which is a rarity for organic vegan items! However vegan frosting is easy to make!
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar *regular powdered sugar uses bone char for decolorizing filter.
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine.
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder.
- 1 tsp pure vanilla.
Combine mixture in food processor.